And so marks the end....

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • Reddit
  • RSS

Of summer 2010.  I know summer doesn't officially end for another few weeks, but around here, we are entering the last weekend before school starts.  Today marked the last day of summer daycare.. Starting next Tuesday, I'll only have one child at home with me during the majority of the day.   I'll get 4 onto their buses in the morning, and then get 4 off in the afternoon.  And after 2 months of having 5 kids in the house all day, it's going to be quite the change. 

It's been a fun summer.  Visited 4 provinces, went in the ocean, traveled back in time, saw a waterpark being opened (and visited it a number of times), ate fresh fruit and veggies from local farms,  sent the girls on a great weekend to the lake, plus a whole lot of fun in the sun. 

And now, this weekend, we do the last of the prep work for school - a whole bunch of labeling, the last of the buying, the talks to prep them (especially the littlest one)... Plus working in lots of fun time.  If weather cooperates, one final visit to Calypso.  The girls also want to get on their bikes since we didn't get to do that alot this year. 

On Tuesday, my oldest baby enters grade 3;  my middle baby enters grade 2, and my youngest baby enters Junior Kindergarten (& the extended kindergarten program - which means she will be going to school all day every day).   We will drive them to school, find their classrooms, see what teachers they have and what friends are in their class, settle Dany into her class.  I'm sure a few tears will be shed (mostly mine).  ;)   And yet I cannot wait to see them back in school thriving with their learning, and with their friends again.  I will miss them like crazy, but I have Xmas break to look forward to. :)

0 comments to “And so marks the end....”